Friday, 24 August 2012
Tuesday, 14 August 2012
Pot painting Tutorial
You will need:
1. A Clay pot
2. Sand Paper
4. Acrylic paints
- To begin, sand the pot to avoid roughness and clean the pot with water and let it dry.
- Apply a cot of primer. Primer requires only 5 minutes to dry.
- Paint the pot with a cot or two of any Acrylic paint. If you are Choosing light colors then it requires two to three cots. Dark colors need only one to two cots.
- Now you can design the pots with the designs of your choice with the acrylic paints.
- Allow your paint to dry completely.
- The final step is to apply a cot of varnish. Keep the pot in a dust free area. Varnish takes 10- 12 hours to dry.
- Now your designed pot is all set to decorate your home.
Monday, 13 August 2012
Tuesday, 7 August 2012
Thursday, 2 August 2012
The Moroccan pottery designs use geometric designs and require more complex detailing. It took me almost 3 - 4 days to complete a Moroccan pottery design. But the final product will amaze you.
The Moroccan pottery designs represents different cultural heritages like Arab, Persian, French, English. Usually the designs come in blue color but it is also available in different vibrant colors.
The traditional Jaipur blue pottery gets its beautiful colors through dying and the works are finally glazed on low-fire for its amazing shining looks.
But here i have just created the replica of the traditional Jaipur pottery. The designs are done using acrylic paints and a cot of varnish gives it a shining look.
Hope you all liked it. :)